Today marks one month of working on my own company! After two and a half weeks of training, teaching myself Flex and AS3, and remembering half of what I've forgotten in python, I started actual work on Feb 14.
One month. Blew right by. But the long days and weekends are paying off, though slowly.
In the meanwhile, here's another little tip for FlexBuilder 2.0.1: before you refactor any code, make sure you remove all watch expressions from the debugger view. I was able to freeze eclipse in subsequent debug sessions after I changed a couple of properties in a class while said properties were being watched. Removing the watch expressions from the debug view & replacing them to the debug view when needed seemed to clear up the problem.